On the A15 go past Thurlby, past the Horseshoe pub on the left, and continue through the wooded ares on the A15. Take the first turn right and right again. The campsite will be on your left.
On the A15, just after Kates bridge and the petrol station on the right, take the next left before the wooded area. Take the first right and the site will be on the left.
Eco-friendly, carbon-neutral retreat surrounded by Lincolnshire woods
A 25-minute drive from Burghley House; half an hour from Rutland Water
Private swimming, massages and yoga on site; pub a short walk away
Green-fingered folks may want to gather around for Mayday Retreats. An eco-friendly and carbon-neutral retreat with a two-acre field surrounded by Lincolnshire woodlands, this site is designed for a relaxing stay and easy-feeling break from the day-to-day. Plus, this site is 25 minutes’ drive away from Burghley House’s deer park and gardens and half an hour from Rutland Water’s watersports.
With massages and outdoor yoga available to book in advance, you may get pretty spiritual on this site. The activities are run with the idea of helping you fully take time out to just sit back and relax, perhaps stretch out your limbs a little and have some quality time to pamper yourself.
When you’re ready for something more invigorating, there’s also private swimming on site (as with the other activities, you’ll need to request this while you’re booking your retreat). Otherwise, countryside walks may also make the cut – there are lots of footpaths with splendid scenery around here, whether in local woods or country parks.
Conveniently, restaurants are close by here too. There’s a pub 10 minutes’ walk away from the site, so you may leave the car behind if if you wish. Otherwise, there are many more spots to eat out in Bourne, five minutes’ drive away from the site.
Things to do
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Bowthorpe Oak (park farm with England’s oldest oak tree): 10 minutes’ drive
- Grimsthorpe Castle Park & Gardens (castle and gardens with bicycle hire): 15 minutes
- Burghley House Gardens & Deer Park (gardens, café and deer park): 25 minutes
- Bourne Wood (walking routes): 25 minutes
- Ferry Meadows in Nene Park (country park with walking trails, cycle hire, watersports and boat trips): half an hour
- Rutland Water (cycling, walking, swimming, aqua park and watersports): half an hour
- Woolsthorpe Manor House (local history information and the birthplace of Sir Isaac Newton): half an hour
Toilets Showers Swimming poll Adult only site Bus service Local taxi's Local shops Near to sports facilities Local pub