Ití's all about peaceful times at Pointer Farm Campsite, a spacious site on a working farm in the Lancashire countryside just outside the village of Stalmine.
This is a place to pitch up (with dog in tow if youíve got one) for great rural rambles followed by evenings spent sipping real ale or dining on tasty meals at a country pub. Itíll take you 10 minutes or so to wander down to the local hostelry, but if you donít fancy venturing that far youíre welcome to light up a barbecue for open-air dinners on site instead.
Being out in a proper rural location means plenty of space and quiet around this site Ė but this site isnít quite as remote as its surroundings might suggest. A 15-minute drive gets you from the farm to Poulton-le-Fylde and itís only a little further to the bright lights of Blackpool (about a 20-minute drive in total). The bus stop in the village means thereís also the option to get down to the coast using public transport if youíd rather leave the car behind.
Back at the farm, facilities are simple but well kept: the smart modern facilities block has toilets and showers along with a washing-up area, and thereís also free wifi so you can keep in contact with the wider world.
Things to do
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Farmer Parrs Animal World: 15 minutes' drive
- Blackpool Wake Park: 20 minutes
- Blackpool (zoo, beach and Illuminations): 20 minutes
- Lancaster (castle, brewery, maritime museum): half an hour
- Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: half an hour
- Spitfire Visitor Centre Hangar 42: half an hour
- Lytham Hall: half an hour
- Morecambe beach: 35 minutes.
Toilets Showers Electric hook ups Chemical toilet disposal point Free Wifi Playing field Pets welcome Bus service Local taxi's Local shops Near to sports facilities Local pub